Frolicking in the pumpkins.
We met the Dimonds at another cider mill one Saturday and it was NUTS....so packed with bodies. So we hid in the apple orchard and pretended to have serene surroundings.
Todd's going to love that I included this picture. He was going over the budget and I just happened to catch a snap shot of him when he was telling me we had $50 left for groceries in the month. Five-0h. Not a penny more. I love that face and I'm so lucky he'll do sign language for me.
Todd went with a group on a surgical mission trip to Guatemala to do pediatric neurological surgeries for a week.
This sweet little girl has a bubble coming out from her spine.
Hiking a volcano.
While Todd was in Guatemala, the kids and I packed our buns in the car and drove 11 hours to visit the McMasters (Todd's sister Brooke and her family). That's true love.
We saw a lot of this on our drive:
Audrey, Kate, Sammie and Drew on the way to the church party.
We saw a lot of this on our drive:
Audrey, Kate, Sammie and Drew on the way to the church party.
These two have a love/hate relationship....we caught a good moment right here.
Audrey was James' puppy as usual. Look how much she loves him...he's so patient.
We skyped with Todd while he was in Guatemala. I always get so amazed that we can see his face on our computer when he's so far away. That makes me sound like an old geezer, I know.
One day we were at the park and I noticed that Drew was missing. Can you spot him all the way across the park? He just hiked himself all the way over there and froze watching the tractors do their work. He tried to get the "worker guys" to wave at him for like 10 minutes. They finally responded and it made his hike across the park totally worth it.
At the zoo.
We skyped with Todd while he was in Guatemala. I always get so amazed that we can see his face on our computer when he's so far away. That makes me sound like an old geezer, I know.
One day we were at the park and I noticed that Drew was missing. Can you spot him all the way across the park? He just hiked himself all the way over there and froze watching the tractors do their work. He tried to get the "worker guys" to wave at him for like 10 minutes. They finally responded and it made his hike across the park totally worth it.
At the zoo.
The drive home was SO long. The kids were angels. Drew in his oh-so-comfortable sleep pose.
Audrey entertained herself by taking pictures with my phone. I died when I saw these. Ha! I'm thinking that's not a very slimming angle for her cute nostrils.
We had p.l.e.n.t.y. of opportunities to dress the kids up in their costumes this year.
The owl and lumberjack at the owl's preschool Halloween party.
The lumberjack and a pretty ladybug at our ward party.
And trick-or-treating downtown with Daddy.
Halloween night Todd was on call and I just didn't think I had it in me to go trick-or-treating. I told Audrey we could stay home and hand out candy to other kids and she was thrilled. She waited like this for like 45 minutes and we only got 3 groups of kids.... so when the Dimonds stopped by we dragged them out to t.o.t. with us for a little bit. It was just the right amount. Sayonara to Halloween!
We babysat our friends' kids for the weekend last week. Todd leaves early for church so I had to get all 5 kids ready for church on my own. This is what the front room looked like after church. Drew came straight in, covered himself up, and fell asleep. Can you find him in all the destruction?




























2 comments:
Owl and lumberjack= amazing. Come to Texas. I will keep working on Jackson to let me come back to Michigan too...
Cute stuff, Rach. I came downstairs soley to look at your blog. I wanna know how the job hunt is going! Have you landed a job yet? Lots of residents here are doing just that. Good luck there! AND I can't believe you were in MN! We totally would have driven up to see you guys. We're only an hour from St. Paul. Plus! You always have a cozy blow up mattress here with us and the whole basement!
Post a Comment