Monday, October 3, 2011

Early Fall Stuff

A little catch up on our latest activities.....

Todd's out of town, so no normal meals for a few days. For our second dinner tonight, we had flourless chocolate chip cookies. Holy goodness...they were good. And a chocolate cookie never looked so cute, right? Look at those eyes.

Over Labor Day weekend, we drove to Nauvoo to some of the Church historical sites. Without exaggeration, the Nauvoo temple is the most beautiful building I've ever been in. Wow. Every time I talk about it I start crying....which is weird because I never cry. Ha. 
We only spent Saturday in Nauvoo but it was such a great visit. Loved it. 


Joseph and Hyrum Smith - in front of the temple.
 Joseph and Hyrum again at Carthage.
Saturday night we drove to Iowa to visit our friends the Wards. Sara had a baby approx. 9 days before we crashed their house, and her cute sister Annie was there helping with the kids. Then the Nelson clan arrived....nothing like a house full of noisy visitors right after you have a baby! Thanks, Wards, for being such gracious hosts!

Todd caught this picture with his phone. I love it because they're actually smiling their elusive real smiles. They loved the carousel.

Preparing for 8.5 hours in the car. 

When we got back from our weekend trip, the weather in Ann Arbor was drastically colder. We pulled out all the kids' warm pj's. Drew's were a little big and reminded us of a special quote..."Chancho, when you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun."  Oh, Nacho. The radiation mask completed the outfit.

Audrey started preschool 3 afternoons a week. Not surprisingly, she LOVES it. Drew doesn't love it so much though. The whole time she's gone he asks, "Mama, where's Audy?" ....sad.

This one makes me laugh.

Last weekend we went to a Fall Festival in a little neighboring town. I adore small town America. 
Waiting for their train ride.

I love the "God Bless America" on the front of the train. The white thing on the top of the hood is a stereo and the conductor was blasting 80's music while he drove. 

Glitter glue mania in the craft tent.
 Our cute little student in the schoolhouse that was built in 1850.
And, for the second time this summer, we went to a demolition derby. It started raining like mad and we thought it was going to be cancelled - they cleared the bleachers in case of lightning. But, being the die hards we are, we waited it out and got to experience some awesome destruction. 


5 comments:

Carrie Woolley said...

Oh man, you're making me miss AA in the Fall! (or whatever neighboring town you were in). I totally forgot you were friends with the Wards, Sara is my very good friend and was my roommate. Audrey and Drew are getting so big and are so cute! And you look great, too, of course! Miss you guys!

-Carrie

lauren ann said...

I could eat those little kiddos

Cara said...

Drew as Nacho Libre= Amazing. He is looking more and more like you.

Kara and Mike Barber said...

What cute pics! (and Mike and I are cracking up after listening to shanky doodle shandy, so funny!) We miss you guys!!!

Sara said...

I love the train conductor's radio! Getting stuck in another decade is part of small town charm! What a great visit with your family in September. We loved having you and welcome any chance for more time together.