My little brother Clay just put on a bike race called Salt to Saint (SLC to St. George). A couple weeks before the race he and Seth were going to do a test run of the course. The whole family, plus some Canadian cousins, ended up getting together very last minute to do the test run and it was quite the memorable trip. We rarely get time to just hang out with the grown ups now that there are 15 little Christensen/Nelson people to tend to, so this was pretty awesome. Micah owns a bus (he only needs a train and then he has all the basic transportation options covered) so we all piled on the bus mid-day Friday and headed out. Todd and Steph did the first leg of the bike ride, we drove about 15 miles and then stopped and switched riders. We kept going with that pattern until we got to Panguitch (around 8am Saturday morning) and then the race director made an executive decision to throw in the towel. We were too chatty at the transitions, and they ended up taking 30-45 minutes instead of 1-5 minutes. At that pace we would make it to St. George by Monday - ha. So, we gave each other high fives and headed back to Salt Lake. We had SO much fun just hanging out with the fam. Major thanks to Kim and Julie for watching the kids!



Dad, Clay and Seth....triplets.
Micah and a sweet old gas station.
Todd riding through Zion's with his head out the top of the bus.
Steph shcarfing down some fries (if you know her, you know this means she was REALLY hungry).
You know how every once in a while you have experiences that seem to give perfect clarity to what is important in life (and what's not at all important)? We have had quite a few of those experiences lately, and looking at these pictures reminds me how much I love these people and how important they are to me. I am one lucky girl.
3 comments:
This sounds amazing, I forgot about your brother and his bus. Didn't he have a school bus in Provo? I really want to go for a bike ride now.
Mostly I just wanted to drink all the fry sauce in the world. Not that I was hungry or anything ;)
You have the best family, Rach! I also love your posts. You tell it how it is & I LOVE it!
Post a Comment