Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Someone Please Call the Super Nanny
Our sweet baby Audrey is nearing the scary age of 2....and somehow she knows. Last week, the devil flipped a switch in her and she started throwing tantrums. Good, long, loud ones. What in the world? She's too little to reason with, especially since once she's been crying for about 15 seconds she doesn't remember what she is mad about. We have some mirrors in the front room that she loves to sit in front of watch herself cry. Oh boy. Please let this pass quickly.
Here she is on Labor Day. She really wanted to sit in Vivian's chair, so I told her that her only choice right then was to sit on Viv's lap while Viv sat in the chair. She wasn't quite as excited about my solution as Vivian was.
Because I love her binky as much as she does, we've allowed her to keep it longer than we originally planned (it's hitting the road for her 2nd birthday). However, she's only supposed to have it in her bed (and at church :) ). Now she's started asking to be put in her bed during the day so she can get a binky fix. This is what I found the other day after she'd been hanging out in her bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
She is beautiful, and the tantrum stage is just that, a stage, thank goodness.
Don't worry...I'll be there soon. I'll set up a mini-labor camp; that'll whip her into shape.
(Isn't that what super nanny does? ;)
Oh, she is cute! I just learned to tune out the tantrums and ignore them.
I am laughing right now because Thomas is in the same stage and i feel your pain. Today we had a 25 minute arched back over an empty fruit snack wrapper. I am loosing it! Good to know our children really aren't possesed by the devil and they are all doing it...right?
So cute! I have yet to see her throw a tantrum, she always seems so sweet!
It will pass, thankfully. She is still the cutest girl ever. I found that ignoring Riley's tantrums made then fade, and still does. I wish I could tell you it ends at 3. Hopefully it will with Audrey. Good Luck!!
My oldest was the best (worst?) tantrum thrower. It was insane! It does go away...eventually.
Let's make a plan. Soon. I need to see you!
Post a Comment