Friday, October 23, 2009

Seattle

Last month we went to visit my brother Seth and his family in Seattle. It was such a GREAT trip. Most of the thanks goes to pregnant Amy who did some serious planning, shuttling, and feeding. Seth gets a huge thanks too for taking me to Value Village (who knew I had a brother who loves thrift stores as much as I do??)

The first day we were there Seth did a half-ironman. Todd jumped in at the end and ran the half marathon with him (because he's a Nelson and he can do that sort of thing).

Drew slept most of the morning, but when I went to check on him he was wide awake just checking things out. We went to a Mariners game at Safeco Field. It was pouring rain, but the stadium has a retractable cover so we stayed dry (mostly dry).Audrey, Aunt Amy and Ellie

We went to the Space Needle. View from the bottom:

View from the top:Remember Audrey's tantrums? This one was monumental. Luckily Amy captured the action. Here's what Audrey looked like during the tantrum:

Here's what I looked like during the tantrum....totally pro-active.
18 seconds post tantrum.
We went to see "the locks" which are used to move boats from the water level of the lakes to the water level of Puget Sound, and vice versa. These aren't very good pics of the locks, but it's now recorded that we went there.


Cute Grandma JannyRach and Jaynie - I'm pretty sure you've never met a little girl with more spunk. She's hilarious.
This is the princess/fairy dance party set to Hannah Montana music. Sam was the DJ and the girls were in HEAVEN.

Apparently Todd and I passed on our lack of dance moves (sorry, Honey). She does a lot of spinning and raise the roof motions.

Taking a bow.

Blowing out the candles for Papa's birthday. I love that the cake is partly eaten already. I think I probably ate it. Amy is a great photographer and offered to take family pictures for us. I'm only posting a few because I'm going to TRY to send out Christmas cards and I don't want to ruin the huge surprise of our family pic.

Such a great trip. Thanks, guys!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I LOVE everything about this and the seattle post...thank you!