Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New President in Town

Todd's dad retired in January, and approximately 3 hours later they received a call to be Mission President/Mission Mom. They just found out that they're going to the New York, New York South mission which is Long Island, Staten Island and Bermuda. We couldn't be more excited because they'll be much closer to us now than they are in Utah. Yay! Three years of parties at the mission home! Have I mentioned my love for the Nelsons lately?

As a side note, Rick and Chris dropped by Michigan this week for about 36 hours on their way to Minnesota. We haven't seen as much of this town in the six months we've been here as we did in their short visit. It was so much fun. If you ask Rick, you might get a different story because it was -10 degrees the first morning they were here and our furnace went out during the night. Awesome. So we might have a little frostbite, but had a fabulous visit. Thanks, Rick and Chris!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Rach, I miss you and hope you are doing well. How is the pregnancy? Awesome news about the in-laws!!

Anonymous said...

that will be fun for you guys...a free place to crash in NYC!!! i'll have to coincide a visit of mine with a visit of yours and relive some of the new york memories (minus getting pulled over by the cops).

thanks for posting again!

Ashlee said...

That is awesome! Tommy's parents are mission presidents in Eugene OR and have only been there since July and have loved it. Such great experiences they have had. It is fun staying at the mission home on the bunk beds and getting to know the missionaries. You will have great times I am sure of it.

Lauren said...

NY NY south is awesome, that is the mission my sister Caren served in! I have even been to the mission home - well I think I drove past it once :) SO fun!

The Edwards said...

Rachel! I just found your blog from Jen's! How are you?

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach - Madia and I were just remembering that delicious caramel chocolate cake with the Heath bars that you used to make when you worked here! YUM! Can you send us the recipe when you have time?

Hope you are doing well! - Gayle & Madia