Sunday, June 9, 2013

Drew's Birthday

Drew turned 4 in May, and his only desire was to go to Chuck E. Cheese. I had been telling him forever that it was only for special occasions (in an attempt to put it off) but this was all his little heart wanted for his birthday....so off we went. Both the kids were in absolute heaven. Drewby opened a couple presents, we ate pizza and played games galore and then turned in our 4 billion tickets for a pack of smarties and some temporary tattoos.


 
So pumped!
 
I don't even know what this game is, but she came away with about 30 tickets. Score! 
 
We had a Spy Birthday party with friends a couple days later....it was a hit.

 
Clues to the location of the bad guy who stole the birthday cake.

I loaded all the kids in the back of the van and drove 2 blocks to the church where they found the bad guy (Todd) hiding behind a bush, and threw water balloons at him. One of the boys was terrified of this masked man so I let him in on the secret of who it was. The rest of them were thrilled to throw water balloons at the thief.


The stolen cake was recovered!

I made this bomb cake and Drew said, "What's that word on it?"
 I told him it said "Kaboom" and they all just stared at me. "Why does it say that??" "Because it's a bomb, get it?"  "Weird"
All my creativity lost on little minds.

 
At the end of the party I asked the kids what part they liked the best and one of them said, "Riding in the car with no seat belts!!!" Oh boy. 
 
We love this sweet, funny boy. Happy Birthday, Drewby Boy!
 

One more favorite....I found him sleeping like this the other day and it was very reminiscent of another picture I took 4 years earlier. TV watching pose. Love it.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Can you plan MY birthday party?

I may have to steal this idea. =)