Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Countdown to Baby.....

This is going to be a big one....Nelson highlights from the last few months. 
Audrey's preschool had a "Mother's Day Spa" and it was adorable. The kids had straws to blow in the water and make it a whirlpool foot bath. I'm pretty sure they all had a gulp of foot water.

Like her paint choices?

Her class also took a field trip to check out the Survival Flight helicopter at the U of M Hospital. The kids loved it. I hope this is as close as any of us ever get to that helicopter again.

She took a gymnastics class at the YMCA and was pretty dang cute while she gymnasticized. 

These two cuties have been playing with each other more and more. Sometimes they giggle until Audrey wets her pants and sometimes they have full out wrestling brawls, but in the end they mostly love each other.


We went to an Easter Egg hunt that our friends hosted in their yard for 200 people!!

                       
One day we came around the corner on the street by us and this gigantic rainbow was right in front of us. The biggest I've ever seen....Audrey almost had a hernia. 

Drew had his third birthday. We had a majorly low key and last minute birthday party that mostly consisted of cupcakes, t-shirt capes, and foam masks.... it was a hit, nonetheless.


This boy is a crack up....this is the first superhero mask I made him, but I made it out of felt so it just kind of stretches until the eye holes aren't very big. He can't see a thing, but keeps wearing it...and has an awesome chocolate milk mustache.
                                             
Potty training continues....he has good and bad days, but who really cares what the days are like when this is the view he gives us? He consistently puts his undies on backwards. Love those buns.

Audrey continues to take hilarious(and unflattering) closeups of her cute face with my phone....every time I look, there are about 20 new ones to choose from. 

Speaking of unflattering....here's a tummy for you. This morning my doctor said, "I'm not going to lie, that's a really big tummy." You're not a'kiddin. I am scheduled to be induced in 2.5 weeks....I'm going to see if  I can talk this lady into showing up a little sooner. She's got to be cooked by now. Look at my chubby feet, ankle rolls and all....so gross. I can't wait to meet this baby though...seriously. Yay, for new babies!

Drew loves to kiss my tummy... I love that he can use my tummy as a rain shelter.

Rick and Chris finish their mission in New York next month, so all the Nelson siblings (minus Brookie...tear) and spouses just went out for one last hurrah. It was such a great weekend. Those Nelsons know how to have fun. I think this may be the best picture of the trip.....surprise, off the ground wedgie for Mike (who, from the looks of things, really likes wedgies).
 There was an awesome game of kickball in Central Park...check out that back drop. 
Look at that form, Toddie!!


 I was dreaming about the awesome home run I would have kicked out of the park after getting a slow and bouncy pitch. I had plenty of fun despite my forlorn expression here.

Rick spent much of his time trying to find a corner where he could talk to missionaries on the phone and put out the latest fire. Mission President is one tough job. 


We went to see Evita...don't cry for us, Argentina (notice Rick on the phone and me hiding behind Todd ).


Spent a few hours playing at Jones Beach on Long Island....

A vicious game of "KILL"....the consequence for getting out was a frigid dip in the water. Luckily, pregnant ladies get to sit out.
                              
 Scotty found a $1 pizza slice place and we gave them some good business. Tourists, what tourists?

Ok,  I think that's it for now. Here's to hopin' that next time I post it will be introducing our new little sister!





8 comments:

Camille said...

Forget Utah, move next door to me please?

Cara said...

Same day service on pictures! Your feet are amazing. I am going to send you a picture Jackson took a few days before the twins came, it will make you feel better, I promise.

Emilae said...

The only reason your belly looks big is because you are so tiny everywhere else!

Kristen said...

Its fun to see what's going on in your neck of the woods and looking at pictures of your adorable super hero's is the best. Good luck with the baby and maybe we will see more of you once you move to Utah.

Anonymous said...

2 and a half weeks?! Seriously? But these two kids are so grown up now (getting wedgies and all) that it must be time for a new youngun! I can't wait to hear the name you pick!!

Ryan said...

Were those socks Toddy was wearing with his flip flops? All those pictures, and that's what I came away with. We are so excited to have you all to ourselves full time!!! Sarah

Unknown said...

this is so cute..... especially lizzy!!!!!

Unknown said...

love it
kate