Monday, January 16, 2012

New York Christmas 2011

This year was the last one we'll spend in New York because Todd's parents finish their mission this summer. It has been so great to be able to be there with them for Christmas. Christmas Eve is always the all-mission conference. The missionaries are so cute and SO excited to all be together.

Todd and his sister-in-law wife Rachel...

Our Kyrgystani friends, Kuba and Lunara, who we met in DC have a cute nephew/adopted son who joined the church last year and is now serving in Rick and Chris's mission. We love the Takyrbashevs which means we love Elder Yusinov too!

The kids were champs for the entire 4 hour conference....nothing cuter than a sleeping baby.

Classic Drew picture: under the church bench, using the wipes for a pillow, my lip gloss in hand.

Waiting to go downstairs....I love sleepy faces. "Poo face" according to the Nelsons.
Super hero cape and koala hat

I was the turkey cook this year. The back end of the turkey was cracking me up. 

Our last day on Long Island we went to the Children's museum. The bubble room was the hit of the day. Having Jeff and Rachel there made it so much more fun....aunts and uncles without kids are always the most willing to entertain your kids! 



Please don't turn us in for inappropriate vehicle child restraint after watching this video, but the kids fell asleep on the way home from the museum, and this is what Jeff and Rach caught on film... I love that she's chewing her gum while she's sleeping. It gets funnier as it goes. I've watched this video 37 times and it makes me laugh every time.

 That was kind of a weak showing for Christmas pictures, but it was a GREAT Christmas....we are going to miss the mission home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how Neal thinks good sleep is the most important thing EVER. Well, he broke down in tears over this video. Wept as I've never seen him weep. Get that girl to a bed, he wailed. But I laughed heartily.

Heidi said...

Hilarious! Oh, that's a good belly laugh!!

lauren ann said...

Oh.my.goodness. I cannot stop watching that video- that is AFHV material for sure. Also, those are some great pix- drewby on the pot, sleeping on the wipes. I want so squeeze those cute kiddos!

And.. the first thing I thougt when I opened your blog and saw your family pic was "dang, you are one beautiful group of people"- seriously

jensenfamily said...

whatever! I'm reporting you for child abuse - I'm thinking she needs a neck brace for life after that! so, so funny

Em said...

very cute. drew looks like your brothers!