Jackson and Cara moved to Texas last month (my heart is tearing up while I'm typing) so we had a little BBQ in their honor. It started to rain so we had to hang out in our awesome carport (our house is too small for parties of this magnitude). Can you spot Cara in the first picture? Thanks for the smile, lady.
Jackson loves the spotlight, but was kind enough to share a few minutes of it so we could have a little birthday cake for Drew. Can you believe our boy is 2?? He is still as edible as ever.
He got a backpack and lawnmower and didn't let the rain deter him for a second.
Gotta get that lawn taken care of!
Todd had to work on Memorial Day, but we really wanted to get out of town that weekend before. So, Pam and Jordan were good enough sports to go camping with us despite the less than sunny weather forecast. We went to Pinery Park in Ontario - right over the Canadian border. It is on Lake Huron and is very pretty. The weather forecast didn't lie. It was not super warm or sunny, but it was camping! And it was fun!Drew having some ketchup and some boogers for dinner.
Looks as warm as it felt, but Todd and I did take a COLD dip in the lake.
I couldn't take enough pictures of those adorable buns.
It rained pretty hard both nights we were there, but we stayed dry in our tent and the kids have seriously never slept better. Look at these angels.
"Holding hands" in the car. I think Audrey was forcing this situation, but he mostly does what she says.
On Memorial Day, the kids and I met up with friends at a nearby lake. These are the only 2 pics I took, but it looks like Drew had fun. Nasty.
Cute girl reading 100 books before church one Sunday.
Todd turned 32!! a couple weeks ago. We had a picnic at the Arboretum...an Ann Arbor favorite. It was the perfect night at the park. Sure love my husband - he puts up with me forcing him to blow out candles every year. You're THE BEST, honey.
Jordan and Scott bouncing their little ladies.
Drew loves his Michigan hat. It's a little big and is usually crunching one of his ears. I tried to capture that here, but it's kind of hard to see. I love those faces.
We went to see this "thing" the other night at the Summer Festival. It's a huge (like 1/3 of a field) blow-up maze sort of thing. It's not for playing in, in fact they make it very clear before going in that there is no running, jumping or even loud talking. There's quiet music playing and one worker was even in there meditating. The light inside is all reflected from the natural sunlight. It's made by "air architects" and was flown in from England. It's supposed to be somewhat like a "cathedral or a womb". Hmmmm. I choose Cathedral. It was pretty cool and luckily the kids didn't try any crazy moves and get us kicked out.
Audrey is not a photo poser. I had to take some candid shots of her to send in for the bulletin board in the preschool she'll attend in the Fall. When I told her it was for preschool, she was more than willing to pose. She loves that "4th of July" dress and wears it whenever she can. Her hair kind of looks like a little ragamuffin, but I love these pictures. She is full of it, that girl.
Drew wanted to pose too. Popsicle mouth.






















8 comments:
One word for Jackson and Cara? Homesick. We miss you guys. So much that we would even have been willing to go camping, in a tent, in Ontario.
how cute are your kids...goodness gracious!
Cute, cute family. You all look great. Hope residency is going well...there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Oh man I could eat both those kiddos. THese pics make me miss you guys like crazy. Tell toddy sorry we blew it on the birthday wishes- man we are the worst. Good thing he has a good wife to compensate for his lame family when it comes to birthdays. Thanks again for the shower present. Mike has the onsie displayed on the couch and won't let me move it. You are the best. Love ya
Is it terrible that I get super jealous and want to hit all those people that get to hang out with you guys and go camping with you, too? Oy. I need help! Yep. I promise I'm not psychotic. I just really miss you guys!! :-) Love those babies. I can't wait to get Lois and Audrey together. They'd be two peas in a pod - both full of "it." Happy Birthday to T-bone and Drew!! Love you guys!!
Happy Birthday Todd! Your kids crack me up, I love Audrey posing.
O, I wish we lived close!!! We miss you guys!!! Looks like all is well!
Missing you and waiting for a health update!
Post a Comment