We had quite the holiday break this year. So fun...and so long! Todd's week off this year was actually the week before Christmas so we headed to Utah. Our anniversary usually goes un-celebrated because it's right before Christmas, but while we had babysitters, we took the opportunity to actually celebrate....5 years! We went to see "The Blindside", went to dinner, and then went to see "Invictus". Pre-children I would have thought that sounded like a fun night - but our little people don't allow us to have many movie nights. So, this was my dream anniversary night :).
Here we are at dinner - Oh, boy, I love that guy. I'm going to be really lonely when he gets translated.

Scottie and Mandy got married at the end of the week. They're adorable.Here we are at dinner - Oh, boy, I love that guy. I'm going to be really lonely when he gets translated.

The 8 Nelson girls - so grateful to be one of this elite group.
Audrey and Abby boogy-ing.
We flew back to Michigan for 2.5 days for Todd to work, then we flew to New York to spend Christmas with his parents on their mission. So great to be with Rick and Chris and their missionaries at Christmas - the spirit on the mission feels closer to what Christmas should really be.Here is our fancy Chris Nelson Christmas Eve dinner of cheese quesadillas, scrambled eggs and left over Costco chicken tiki masala. It was delicous!
Christmas morning...
You know she loved this because she actually smiled for the camera! We (and our budget) are loving this age where you can buy cheap-o presents and it's just as good as something fancy.
Todd got swim goggles...doesn't he look like a serious athlete? He cracks me up.
Drew hung out in the sink while Grandma Chris cooked. That lady is the best. Just plopped him in the sink and he was content!
Graffiti Park in Queens - you have to get a permit to graffiti here. It's like a whole block of tagged warehouses.
Dinner out with Grandma and Papa.
Our flight out of JFK got delayed so we spent 7 hrs in the airport...Todd flew back to Michigan and I had to wait and try to get on a flight stand- by (with my gaggle of children.) I made it on the second one - and literally shed tears of joy when my name came up on the "cleared" list. Everyone sleeping at JFK.
Here I am the next night at Micah and Rachel's wedding dinner with the Andersen ladies - my neighbors/little sisters.
All the Christensen girls (minus Amy who's having a baby tomorrow morning!)
The new Rachel Christensen and Micah - oh so cute. Everyone is elated about this marriage.
Audrey spent the entire time at the reception going up and down in the elevator (she was driving the caterers batty).
My baby brother Clay and his stunning wife Steph.
Drew was exhausted, so like any good mother, I found him a cozy spot on the ground. He slept for almost 2 hours.
Audrey and Papa Allen playing.
Then we spent the week hanging out with my parents. So nice to be home!

We went sledding for my nephew's birthday. It was one of Audrey's first times playing in the snow and she had the time of her life. My sister in law outfitted her in my nieces snow clothes and I couldn't stop laughing...hilarious.
After each run, my niece Emily would put Audrey in the sled and drag her up the hill (her head is pointed down hill - ha). 
The goggles she refused to take off. Do her eyes kill you?
The sledding beauties
That was a lot of pictures. Another really great trip. We have basically been inside our house since we returned - come visit us when you're bored..we'll be here until June!
Here I am the next night at Micah and Rachel's wedding dinner with the Andersen ladies - my neighbors/little sisters.
All the Christensen girls (minus Amy who's having a baby tomorrow morning!)
The new Rachel Christensen and Micah - oh so cute. Everyone is elated about this marriage.
Audrey spent the entire time at the reception going up and down in the elevator (she was driving the caterers batty).
My baby brother Clay and his stunning wife Steph.
Drew was exhausted, so like any good mother, I found him a cozy spot on the ground. He slept for almost 2 hours.
Audrey and Papa Allen playing.
Then we spent the week hanging out with my parents. So nice to be home!
We went sledding for my nephew's birthday. It was one of Audrey's first times playing in the snow and she had the time of her life. My sister in law outfitted her in my nieces snow clothes and I couldn't stop laughing...hilarious.
After each run, my niece Emily would put Audrey in the sled and drag her up the hill (her head is pointed down hill - ha). 
The goggles she refused to take off. Do her eyes kill you?
The sledding beauties
That was a lot of pictures. Another really great trip. We have basically been inside our house since we returned - come visit us when you're bored..we'll be here until June!
9 comments:
I'm exhausted just thinking of all those things that you just blogged about. What a jam-packed fun break! I'm glad you're back, keeping it real in A2. My favorite picture is of Drew asleep on the floor with three chairs blocking him in. Classic.
Rach, thanks for sharing all the pics - I am so excited for Micah and happy for Todd's bro. too. What a great time - lot's of traveling = how did Drew do on the planes? Ania does alright so far. Enjoy hibernating this winter - we are, too.
High heels and jewelry, it doesn't get more fancy than that! I love Drew in the sink and then Drew in the blockade. P.S. I stopped being lazy and put you on my reader.
i L.O.V.E.D this post - thank you!!!
Looks like a great Christmas season. You're family is too cute.
You are my hero, Rach! What a great post, what a great holiday and wow! You must be pooped! I love you and yes, those eyes just kill me! Love the ski goggles on Auds! :-) Love you guys!
We're ALL gonna be lonely when he gets translated. So true. Laughed for minutes after reading that!
Rach-- it was so fun for me to read this post and hear about your life for a sec! Ok-- you look awesome! You're so gorgeous and haven't changed a wink. I love it. Your kiddos are cuties and it was fun to see a couple shots of the fam (your bros and parents) love them. Glad you guys are getting home every now and then. love you, jessi xl-allen
I like the "barrier" you used for Drew's crib at the reception. I'll have to use that one in the future. You're so resourceful! :)
PS-your kids are adorable!
Post a Comment