Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Halloween and Thanksgiving

Obviously, I'm way behind, but here's a little catch up post from Halloween and Thanksgiving. Halloween was so much fun this year...I think it's because we have a trick-or-treater now so the thrill of the candy hunt is back. I definitely had just as much (if not more) fun trick-or-treating as Audrey did. She was so cute though...she said "trick-or-treat" at every door. So cute.

The bumble bee and the tough ninja


This costume cracked us up...little chubby ninja.
The stinger...We trick-or-treated with the Jacksons. Audrey was in heaven - she adores Grace and Vivian.

The cute dad w/ the ninja in the Bjorn - all serious ninjas have a Bjorn.
We spent Thanksgiving at our house with the 4 of us....our first Thanksgiving with just our family and it was great! Although, it was my first attempt at solo T-giving dinner prep and I struggled...the turkey was undercooked, the rolls were completely flat, the stuffing was dry. The company was fantastic. And we didn't do the dishes until Saturday.

The fellas carving the bird.Yes, this is our living room. And yes, the walls are completely bare. I can't commit to wall decorations....someone please help me. The day after Thanksgiving we went to a Christmas tree farm in a neighboring town and cut down a tree. It was frrrrrreezing! However, the smell of the tree in our house makes up for the frostbite on our digits.
Then we came home and Todd, the pro tree lighter, lit up the tree and Audrey.

And Drew is still cute and chunky (he weighs much more than Audrey did at a year old).

2 comments:

The George's said...

So cute! I think it would be nice to have one thanksgiving with just our own family! RACH, you look great! Are you going to be in Utah for Christmas? I'd love to see you.

Linsey said...

Drew is so big already! Where did the time go?

About your walls, I am the worst at decorating, but my friend Ilene is always doing clever things in the name of wall art. I am including a link to her blog if you want to peruse. You might want to go back a few posts to see more of her ideas.
http://greenbeanruminations.blogspot.com/2009/12/getting-something-done.html

Also, my cousin Dana has this great blog about stuff she makes...a lot of it is really easy and fun. She also does house stuff occasionally too, so you might find some inspiration here.
http://www.dana-made-it.com/