The Kirtland Temple - the first LDS temple.
The Newel K. Whitney Store - Joseph Smith and his wife Emma lived upstairs for a little bit and 20 sections of the Doctrine & Covenants were received here.
The room in the Whitney Store where the "School of the Prophets" was held and where the Word of Wisdom (our health code) originated. The John Johnson home in Hiram, Ohio - another place the Smiths lived. Remember the story of when Joseph was pulled out of the house in the night and tarred and feathered....and then their baby died from exposure to the cold weather? That happened here. But great things happened here too.....
Working out some energy before getting back in the car.
So, I have a thing for taking pictures of flowers. Aren't these flowers incredible?
4 comments:
What a fun trip. I love the flower pictures too. The pink one is incredible. Love ya!
Todd always did need to work off energy by flipping his legs over his head. I hope he made it through the car ride without complaining too much!
Cool trip, guys. Would have been fun to go together. Missing the Nelsons, as always.
I love the pictures.
Post a Comment