Story of Baby Day:
The hospital called and told me to come in at 7pm to be induced. So, we all spent the day running errands, having a picnic at the Arboretum etc. Taking care of last minute business deals (or calling my brothers).
My mom dropped us off at the hospital and took Audrey home - I think it was the best 2 days of Audrey's life. Every time we called home there were squeals of delight going on in the background.
They started me on Pitocin around 9:30pm. I was totally comfortable all night (thanks to my epidural) but I couldn't sleep....so I had a long night of having the nurses check my vitals etc. Then once he decided he'd stalled long enough, he took about 20 minutes travel time and showed his face at 7:09am. And here he is:Audrey met him around 2pm. She is pretty fascinated by him, but freaks out when he cries...
I think we have a hard few days ahead of us with this transition - hopefully no baby brothers will be injured during the transition period.
When we got home today, we put him in the cradle and she immediately grabbed the side and started "rocking" him....more like rattling his bones. Luckily the cradle can be stabilized so it doesn't rock or Drew would be in for quite a ride.
We feel so relieved, excited and grateful to have this baby here. Thanks for all your calls and prayers - we have the best families and friends.
It is also such a beautiful time of year....I had to include these pictures of our yard that warm my soul.
36 comments:
congrats!! what a cutie!! I am shocked to see all his hair, crazy how different kids can be! i love the name, drew is on the Gardner list as well! Good luck with the next few months it is a crazy transition but I have to say it rocks now. My 2 are crazy toddlers and best friends-very easy together!! Keep reminding yourself that if gets better!
So Awesome. He is so darling. I don't think that he and Audrey are related (not to say Audrey isn't darling, because she is!), but they look so different right now. I am so happy for you guys. Your house is darling as well. I can't wait to see you again. Seth agrees we need to come see you. Love you lots. Amy
Congratulations Rachel! He is so cute and looks so sweet! Glad everything went well. Take it easy and enjoy him while he is so tiny. The second baby seems to get bigger faster. I think it is just because you are so much more busy. Love ya!
He is perfect!! Congrats!! You did so good. What a fabulous way to spend Mother's day!! I am sending my love, my dear sweet friend!!
If your Mom is still there, please give a hug from me - love her too!!
Drew does not look like a newborn! He is so cute. Congrats. Those Nelsons are super speedy when they want to be :) We're so glad everything went well. What a great Mother's Day!
what good news, rach! you write as if the labor was nothing at all...you're one tough woman!
although it seems unlikely that hair color will stay, imagine how contrasting your kids would be if it did! say hi to janny for me :)
Congrats Nelson Fam! What a cutie!
Congrats, so excited he's here! Love the hair. I'm amazed at how tough little babies are. My kids do things all the time to the babe and she still OK. Good luck and enjoy this time while your Mother is there!
Yay! I'm so happy for you guys- Drew is so dang cute, and I love his hair. I'm happy to hear that the whole thing went well. Can't wait to meet him in the fall! -Carrie
Welcome to the world Drew! You're a handsome fellow!
Yeah!!!! Rachel, he is beautiful! Congrats, congrats to you all!!! Good luck with the rattle patrol, too.
He is SO cute!!! Doesn't look at all like he was just squeezed through some pelvic bones. Todd said he looked like someone else's child, but I was still surprised by the picture! Congratulations! His head doesn't look big at all, what a relief :) Can't wait to meet him.
He's gorgeous! Congratulations.
I'll call you soon.
xoxo.
HOORAY! I am so THRILLED for you! Especially you Rachel! He is beautiful. I love the pic of Audrey "rocking" him, what a good big sis-- good luck with the transistions. I hope you enjoy every moment.
I miss A2 already, I cannot wait to hold Drew this fall!
Congratulations!! He is so handsome! I really love that first picture of him with his eyes open. And the hair! It'll probably change color, but still! Our 10-days late baby Mary weighed 9 lbs too! Good luck with the transition to TWO and recovery and everything!
Woo-hoo!! What a sweet little family :) I already told your husband but thought I would let you know for the record... Audrey had the best 1st day in nursery we have EVER seen. She never cried, helped clean up, had an amazing attention span (while coloring), and was just a joy! All of us were talking about how well she did. She's gonna make a GREAT big sis!!
We are in love with Drew and all his dark brown hair.
Congratulations! He's adorable. I'm glad everything went well. Miss you!
oh man, he is seriously adorable, and we canàt believe the hair!!! iàm so glad heàs out of your stomach and into the cradle - we are havign NO fun without you guys -no games of tennis, no good food and no sunny days - but seriously, we really miss you both and wish you could have been here - but the baby is a good booby prize. ha ha, get it....booby prize love you erin and lauren
Congrats!! He's a giant (not really, but good for you mom!)So cute! I wish we were neighbors like always. I miss you. Will you be in UT this summer? I want to see you and your cute kids.
Yay!! Happy baby day! He is soo so cute!! And how bout that hair? He looks very alert and ready to take on the world already. Congrats, guys!
HOLY COW, you have two kids. I can't believe it - you look so grown up...a house, a doctor husband, and a multiple child family. Crazy. Drew is adorable, I hope he gets to keep all that hair:) Congrats, we can't wait to meet him
Wow - he's adorable! Congratulations on two amazing children!
Congratulations! I hope you are all doing well. He is adorable.
Congratulations you guys!!! We're so happy for you! And I can't believe how much hair little Drew has (by the way, Andrew is one of my favorite boy names!! If we're having a boy - we just might end up copying you! :)). Glad that everything went well and you guys are back home enjoying life with 2 kids --- now I hope you get lots and lots of rest (yeah right, huh?). Take care!!
Hooray for the little Nelson boy! You have such good looking children – not that I’m surprised, my genetically-blessed friend. Hope you’re adjusting well to the transition. Andrew Todd Nelson – love the name and love you too!
Congrats! He is just darling!
Congrats! Drew's twin was born here in Austin on Thursday...a baby girl named Mia...same size and same amount of hair, only blonde. Email me and i will send you some pics..one of my valley friends had her....anywho.. CONGRATS!
So I have not checked blogs in ages... and now i know why you laughed at me yesterday when i asked you if audrey is walking. i'm a little behind on your lives... don't worry, i'm going to come out and get caught up!! i just loooove his hair!! and you.
Congratulations you guys! He is beautiful and your family is just darling! It was so great to see all the pictures and get updated a bit. Glad to see that you are doing well. Best wishes.
ConGRATS! So fun to see your cute blog, Rach! Your little man is perfect - and baby boys are even better after you've had a girl (in my experience:)) Remember, there's no such thing as spoiling! Love you!
Congrats Rach! He is darling. Good luck with Audrey, is going to get crazy.
He is so beautiful. I can't believe how big Audrey is. Our little babies are toddlers already! Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little boy (with my favorite name). Audrey and Drew are going to be great friends!
Oh my! What a cutie! Hey, we will be in Michigan at the end of June. Let's get together, ya, ya, ya, (hopefully you just sung that) Good luck with the new babe!
What a wonderful Mother's Day present! Congratulations Rach! I'm glad everything went well for his arrival!
How wonderful. He is perfect and you look terrific. Congratulations on your beautiful and growing family!
Post a Comment