Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring in Southern Utah

We went home a couple weeks ago to hang out with Rick and Chris (Todd's parents) before they take off for their mission. We loved spending time with them and the whole thing was sweetened by the location: Southern Utah....we defrosted our inner cores after this chilly Michigan winter.

We started the trip with a visit to good ol' Hogle Zoo with my family. Audrey can't get enough of the cousins.
On the way to St. George we stopped in Provo. We had breakfast with the "little brothers" and Rachel in the CougarEat and then went out to visit the quad. Oh man, I love that place (BYU, not necessarily the quad).

Todd and Audrey walking in the shadow of the Y... Next stop was St. George. Todd and I rode the scooters up Snow Canyon and wandered around a little bit.


We got to spend a little time with our favorite St. Georgians, the Kirklands - such cute boys (and mama).
Then on to Moab where the die hard racers were running the half marathon. We hung out for a couple nights and one day we hiked to Delicate Arch. The arch was BEAUTIFUL and the weather couldn't have been better. Such a great family hike...
The hiking crew

Todd and Audrey rocking the baby back-pack
And last and definitely LEAST.....I spent the whole trip hiding from the view of all cameras (especially in my incredible hiking outfit), but it was so awful I have to post this pic. The angle doesn't do justice to how huge I am at this point, but you can get the idea of my hiking style....Rachel let me borrow her tennis shoes which totally topped off the outfit. Don't be jealous. I got some great comments from passersby.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

finally with the belly pic! i was wondering what a girl had to do to get one of those up!

Heather said...

Rach my love, you are ROCKIN' the belly! I love it!!! Be proud, you are gorgeous! Love you girl!!

Cara said...

You look like a celebrity...

The Preece Family said...

I was beginning to wonder if you were really pregnant - since I hadn't seen a picture of you yet! :) Don't worry - you are a really cute preggo hiker...

Allen Family said...

Rachy Poo-- you are so stinkin cute!!! I loved this post because I love Southern Utah! I'm jealous of that hike. So much fun! You seriously look so great and your girly is a peach! What a fun trip. Yay for a break from residency and the weather!!! I miss you, this post made me miss you! loves, jes

Colette and Lance said...

Way to work the hiking outfit! I'm glad you got a good dose of sunshine in UT.

Alexis Poelman said...

a little sunshine sounds soo nice right about now. i love audrey's stripe tights! and that belly!! love it. soo cute. way to rock the outfit.