We went to a local Easter Egg Hunt with our friends....this was the crowd before it started. Luckily, you can't see Todd's face - he was....skeptical (that's the nice word for it). Then the whistle blew and the crowd went wild and the 22 THOUSAND eggs were gathered in mere seconds (mostly by other parents...grrr). Don't worry though Audrey got AN egg, and her dad got a really bad headache.
In this picture Todd is thinking curse words and pretending to smile. "We paid 10 bucks for that %$!@ egg." Ok, Todd can't even think curse words, but if he could this was the time for it.
SO, we moved the party to the Jackson's back yard and had our own hunt and it was MUCH better. Everyone found all the eggs they could handle.
Last weekend we went to Chicago for an anesthesiology conference. It was fun to stay right downtown....and as you can see from the picture below, we had a pretty great view of the city.
The weather was incredible. Audrey couldn't get enough of running in this fountain - so nice to actually be able to spend time outside!
This is an awesome sculpture at Millenium Park....if you look really closely you can see Audrey and me standing in front of it. I prefer shots of me from far away at this point.
This girl has also been doing a lot of reading, as usual. This is how her dad studies too. Look at those cute feet.
And here we are in a very common position around here (pretend you can't see the slime on my shirt....who knows what it is) reclining on my tummy and taking in some Sesame Street.
11 comments:
this is an excellent nelson fam update; i need more of these in my life. which maybe means i need to visit Michigan--but i looked at tickets a few weeks ago and they were maybe a little too expensive for us at the moment...but i digress. love the pic of audrey lounging on your tummy :)
Rachel what a great bunch of pics. My favorite is the one of Audrey with a view of Chicago. She is adorable. Good luck!!!! How fun to be having a boy!!!
There are some great pictures. I love the one of Audrey in front of your hotel veiw and the one of her playing in the fountain. You'll do great with two kids. I'm excited for you!
i love this post - thank you!!! and we can't wait to see little boy nelson
Hi cousin and Rachel! E-mail me at kimchristenson@gmail.com so I can add you to our blog.
It is so fun to see an update! I am loving this belly of yours...
Baby #2 IS a scary thought, but once he gets here you won't be able to remember life without him. You can do this!! Love you girl!!!
I would love to see the day Todd is thinking curse words:) Love the pics and I just want to eat Audrey (in a cute, loving way of course). We miss you guys!
I didn't think Audrey could get any cuter...but it happened. The Nelsons make cute babies. I can't wait to see what #2 looks like. I bet you wish you were watching sesame street in the envoy right now, with no air conditioning (supposedly they're working on it...right) and 91 temps. Good thing no one but Henry can see what I wear in the apt!
Todd studies in the buff?? HAH! Just kidding. Oh man. I miss you guys and I love, love, love you guys. I love the picture of Audrey in the hotel room looking out the window. SO cool. xoxo!
Dear Rachel, Please do not post any pictures of Todd reading.
I love the stuff on your shirt, it reminds me of me daily. Good luck with #2. Give it a few months and life will be back to normal and you will be so grateful to have a family of four. Thinking of you!
Post a Comment